Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Malaria Crisis in DRC Highlights Urgent Public Health Challenge in Africa’s Market Sector

    August 17, 2026

    Mavrix Makes the Case for Trusted Human Evidence in the AI Era at Quirk’s New York

    August 17, 2026

    DRC Ebola Crisis Breaks National Mortality Record Amid Rapid Spread

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Lusail Media: Qatar’s business, news and momentum.Lusail Media: Qatar’s business, news and momentum.
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Luxury
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    Lusail Media: Qatar’s business, news and momentum.Lusail Media: Qatar’s business, news and momentum.
    Home » In a second attempt, NASA wants to launch a new moon rocket
    Technology

    In a second attempt, NASA wants to launch a new moon rocket

    August 31, 2022
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    As a result of engine trouble, NASA will try again to launch its redesigned moon rocket on a test flight this week on Saturday. Fueling procedures are being changed to address the issue, managers said. It is also possible that a malfunctioning sensor caused Monday’s launch to be scrapped.

    In a second attempt, NASA wants to launch a new moon rocketNASA’s 322-foot (98-meter) rocket, the most powerful ever built by the agency, remains on its pad at Kennedy Space Center. An attempt will be made to send the capsule around the moon and back using the Space Launch System rocket. It will be a test flight without people, just three test dummies, the Associated Press (AP) reported.

    Upon successful launch, it will be the first lunar capsule since NASA’s Apollo program 50 years ago. If the problem reappears and the countdown is halted again, NASA’s rocket program manager, John Honeycutt, said the Saturday launch would provide additional insight. Rather than sitting around scratching our heads about whether it was good enough, that’s a better option.

    Based on what I’ve heard from the technical team today, what we need to do is pore over the data and refine our plans for developing the flight rationale. One of the four main engines in the rocket’s core stage could not be chilled sufficiently prior to liftoff during Monday’s launch attempt. According to Honeycutt, the hydrogen fuel temperature appeared to be as much as 40 degrees Fahrenheit (5 degrees Celsius) warmer than the desired minus-420 degrees Fahrenheit (minus-250 degrees Celsius).

    Chilling will begin a half-hour earlier for Saturday afternoon’s launch attempt once fueling begins. This engine chill down was conducted earlier during successful testing last year, so executing it earlier may prove beneficial. In addition, Honeycutt questioned the integrity of one engine sensor, saying it might have provided inaccurate information on Monday. It would take weeks to change that sensor, he said, since the rocket would have to be hauled back into the hangar.

    This $4.1 billion test launch marks the beginning of NASA’s Artemis moon-exploration program, named after the twin sister to Apollo in Greek mythology. As early as 2024, astronauts could strap in for a lap around the moon, and in the year 2025, they might even attempt a landing on the moon.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    Digital Safety Market Faces Growing Calls for Enhanced Child Protection Measures

    August 12, 2026

    Japan’s Space Launch Sector Achieves Milestone with H3 Rocket Deployment of Michibiki No. 7 into Target Orbit

    August 12, 2026

    Social Media Industry Faces Major Financial Penalty in New Mexico Over Youth Wellbeing

    August 8, 2026
    Latest News

    Malaria Crisis in DRC Highlights Urgent Public Health Challenge in Africa’s Market Sector

    Health August 17, 2026

    In 2025, the Democratic Republic of the Congo documented a total of 26,064,143 malaria cases. During the same year, the nation also reported 29,938 fatalities associated with the disease. Guy Esebe Dembo, who serves as the deputy director of the National Malaria Control Programme, revealed these statistics during the launch of a campaign in Ituri province. Dembo emphasized that malaria continues to be the primary public health concern facing the country. The latest figures reaffirm the significant disease burden burdening one of Africa’s most heavily affected nations by malaria.

    DRC Ebola Crisis Breaks National Mortality Record Amid Rapid Spread

    August 17, 2026

    Precious Metals Face Weekly Decline Amid Shifting Federal Reserve Rate Expectations

    August 15, 2026

    Global Health Sector Alerts as Congo’s Ebola Crisis Nears Historical Deadliest Level

    August 15, 2026

    Electric Vehicle Sector Experiences 9% Growth in Global Sales During July 2026

    August 14, 2026

    Seismic Activity in Pakistan’s Gilgit-Baltistan Raises Concerns for Regional Infrastructure

    August 14, 2026

    South Korea’s Automotive Sector Achieves Record $6.24 Billion in July Exports

    August 14, 2026
    © 2026 Lusail Media | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.